Fashion event with the longest track record in the country will take place from August 2 – 4
The CRFW partners with Cocos Island to highlight the national concept
San José, Costa Rica. The Costa Rica Fashion Week (CRFW), the first official event of the clothing industry and tailoring of Costa Rica, will take place from August 2 – 4 at the Centro de Convensiones de Costa Rica (CCCR).
The event, which will develop an educational process with Costa Rican companies, small and medium sized workshops, seamstresses, fashion design students and graduates both public and private, keeps its goal intact, which is to promote and visualize the clothing industry and tailoring of Costa Rica.
Taking into consideration the importance of that the lectures and trainings bring to the CRFW, the organization officially announces part of the subjects that experts in the matter will cover during these two days.
Friday August 2nd:
- “Challenges of the Clothing Industry in Costa Rica for the product positioning and exportation,” by MSc. Juan José Jiménez Granados, director of the CRFW
- “How to Consolidate your Clothing Company,” by Rolando Marín, head of the Entrepreneurship Department of the DIGEPYME Ministry of Commerce and Industry MEIC.
- “How to Have the Nation Brand for your Company,” by Cinthya Prendas PROCOMER
- “¿Appointments with Clothing Promoter of PROCOMER,” by Kevin Villalta.
- “Practical Workshop by INA Núcleo Textil: Using Accessories to Accelerate Clothing Tailoring,” by Minor Acosta González.
Saturday August 3rd:
- “¿What Is and Isn’t High Couture?” by Adriana Orozco.
- “Fashion Design and Its Creative Process,” by MSc. Reynaldo José Flores, designer and professor at the Universidad EDP Puerto Rico.
- “Relevance, Linkage, and Innovation as a core idea for the development of knowledge in the Academic and Professional Fields,” by Licenciada Lorena Ledesma Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes México.
- “Workshops on Textile Rescue and Investigation,” by Mr. Max Sepúlveda (Chile).
“Our goal is to provide quality trainings with strong contents to the attendees, taught by matter experts, whom we are privileged to have in our country,” explained Mr. Juan José Jiménez, director of the CRFW.
The event will have special guests and national and international designers, like Elly Guesa (Mexico), Aline Moreno (Mexico), Miguel Chong (Honduras), Harry Garay (Nicaragua), Rolando Torres (Panama), Jaime Luna (Panama), among others.
United with Cocos Island
As it has been customary in its 18 past editions, the CRFW focuses on providing a great support to the local, and by being hosted at the Costa Rica Convention Center, the event builds the cornerstones to becoming an environmentally friendly activity that opts for the national talent and beauty. This is why, for the first time ever, the CRFW will have an alliance with the FUNDACIÓN AMIGOS DE LA ISLA DEL COCO (FAICO).
The purpose of this alliance is that the CRFW helps to channel the economic resources (donations) so that FAICO fulfills its mail goal: secure and channel financial, human and technical resources toward dominant actions that help preserve and keep the wildlife and natural and land resources of Cocos Island. With this in mind, the CRFW will donate $5 USD for every entrance ticket sold.
FAICO will have a stand at the CRFW to promote its campaign “My Cocos Island.” The goal of this campaign is for attendees to get to know Cocos Island through a virtual reality technology experience, where they can live and feel the experience of being there and enjoying its natural beauty without having to travel 532 kilometers.
The lecture and trainings at the CRFW will be free but reservations must be made in advance. The only activity that has a payed entrance will be the four fashion shows that will happen between Friday and Sunday. The price of the ticket, as well as where to buy them and the schedule of the activities, will be announced soon. It is important to highlight that there will be special promotions with BAC Credomatic.
For more information about the Costa Rica Fashion Week, visit the Facebook page @costaricafashionweek or the Instagram page @crfashionweek.